Tuesday, June 24, 2008

18 month check up in Jacksonville

Last week we went to Jacksonville for Alexander's 18 month check up. He only had one more check up before we move to Kansas in December and I wanted him to see the same doctor.

Buff and her mom Kat were SO sweet to let me and Alexander invade their beach house while they were on vacation. It was great, it became a mini vacation for me and Alexander.

In the beach house they had this old school desk, which doubled as Alexander's high chair. It worked perfect, he liked sitting it so there was not too much effort keeping him in it.



Coke for Kisses anyone???

Buff was the taker on this offer! Every time Buff would give Alexander a sip of coke he would give her a BIG kiss and just smile. He knew just what he was doing and Buff caved big time!



Buff's mom Kat taught Alexander how to blow his nose. He would pull out a tissue, blow and put it back in the box. He had us all rolling.



On the last day at the beach we went to Dick's wings. Alexander was not feeling well so I let him have his blanket at the table. To which he wrapped around his head.

I ordered him chicken finger and gave him some ranch dress (His favorite) to dip them in and he started dipping his toy in it and sucking it off. I guess all he really wanted was the ranch.

Alexander really enjoyed spending time with Buff and Kat, in fact before the week was out he was calling them both by name.

Alexander 18 month check up was great. He is 28 pounds and 6 ounces and 34 inches tall. I cannot believe how fast he has grown. He says all kinds of words now. The newest are Grandma and Grandpa, go and he does the sign for go. Mia taught him the sign for help which he uses ALL the time. I know there are many more word that I cannot think of.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Alot has happened since the last time I checked out Alexander's Blog. I love you guys!