Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Settled


After moving, finding a car, Grandma, Grandpa, Mia, Papi, Melody, Michaela, Caedence, Caleb and Matthew visiting, Vacationing at the beach and finding a job I think we are finally settled. What a crazy month it has been!!

Downtown Opelika is full of trains which is so great for Alexander....but when you have to wait for one..arrrrrh!


Downtown Opelika at the small town festival.


Alexander somehow works his way to get a Popsicle....Can you guess what color?



Mia came up last Wednesday to watch Alexander because I had a job interview. She took Alexander back with her to spend a few days. So Jeremy and I had the WHOLE weekend all to ourselves! It was wonderful! We left out house about 7 am on Saturday and did not get back home until 10pm....We went to yard sales, to Columbus, GA, to the PX/BX, to the Chattahoochee River, and back to Auburn for some dinner. What a fun crazy day we had.....On Sunday we caught up on some house stuff, we put some stuff in the attic and cleaned the garage..yuck...but glad it is done.




Yes you read right I had a job interview, I got the job but it was for a paraprofessional and not a lead teaching position. Which means not quite as much money as we wanted me to make. I struggled with this for a few days knowing that Phil 4:19 says "my God shall supply all your needs"....I thought maybe this was not the job God had for me since it was not what we needed me to make. Not too long after hitting the job market AGAIN putting in more applacatons...UGH....I got a call from the preschool that offered me the job. The lead position come available in the class I wanted....WHAT!?!?....this meant more money and the hours I wanted. God is so faithful to us."I will also praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, my God. I sing praises to you with the lyre, Holy One of Israel." PS 71:22
I will start on Aug 9 and I am so excited!

We did also have to get a new car after the accident I had on the way to Alabama from Kansas. Our CRV was totalled out. We got a 2007 Santa Fe and we love it. We got a really great deal on it and know God was in the whole thing.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mama to many said...

so glad to hear about your time alone!! isn't is great!!?! So excited about your new job!!!