Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Day in the Life...



As sweet and wonderful as these little faces are they are a handful! I thought I would share a day in my life at my new job.

Wake up is at 5 am, I get ready then wake Alexander at 5:40am to get him ready. We eat and are out the door by 6am to be at work by 6:30am. I usually have 5 children by 7 am, The next teacher arrives at 7:30am which by this time we are usually at 8 or 10 children. Breakfast arrives at 8am along with another teacher. Now there are 16 children.

8:30 brings a fun time....BATHROOMS...of my 22 children, 5 are potty trained. By this time there are around 18 children and I have to take ALL of them potty to try to go and change their pull up. Usually at least 3 of them have pooped by this time and I have changed it.

9am is Circle time, we do: colors, shapes, days of the week, months in a year and whatever the topics for the day are. Then to organized centers, we have a worksheet that has to be done, an art and another activity that we rotate them between (Day one of doing this was CRAZY, we have got it down pretty good now) until 9:45 when we go outside. While outside I have to check the children over for boo boos, runny noses, coughs, ect.

10:40am brings on another bathroom visit....FUN!! Then lunch at 11:15am, we are to serve food family style meaning each child dips their food on their plate. While they are eating we have to put out 22 cots and make them with sheets and blankets. After they are done eating we have to empty their treys into the trash so the kitchen staff can wash them. Then onto their beds for a story and nap.

12 noon is nap time and usually my break time, I take an hour break coming back at 1. I usually get an hour to bleach toys and prepare crafts and plans for the next day. Then the kiddos are up and going to the potty again between 2 and 2:30.

2:30 is snack and free play....thankfully we usually free play until I leave at 3:30.

Then it is home to fix dinner, bathe Alexander, get things ready for the next day and put everyone to bed.



It is amazing that I have time to breathe let alone feel anxious. My anxiety has been better these last 2 days, I have just been taking it one day at a time and praying for God's peace. I thank you all so much for your prayers! Tomorrow I am half way through week one!! I am confident that I will not have to take any leave from work. I am excited that in a week and a half we get to go down to Florida for a visit!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: