Friday, March 14, 2008

I love this little boy!

Growing to fast!


Alexander is truly growing way to fast. It seems like he learns something new everyday. I was just telling Jeremy he needs to stay home with Alexander one day to see how well he communicates. He knows right where the pantry is. He will get out his animal crackers and bring them to you. He just laughs when you open the container and give him one. It is almost like he is laughing because it worked. He will point to the kitchen and do the sign for "more". I try to get him to tell me "more what?" but he does not usually respond.

Bath time is one of our favorite times. If I go into the bathroom for anything he follows me in and tries to climb into the tub. Oh and climbing, man can he. He climbs on the couch so fast I cannot get to him before he is up on it. He knows he is not supposed to be on it (because he "Peter Pan's" off it) so when he gets on it he just looks at me and laughs. I cannot help but laugh, I know I am making it worse but he is so funny.

I am so impressed with his words, he is trying to say all kinds of new things. The newest is cookie, it comes out just as the "k" sound. Kinda like grinding gears on a stick shift. He has started to say thank you, just not when he is supposed to. He says it when he gives me something instead of when I give him something.

Going outside is still no question his favorite place to be. I can say "Do you want to going outside?" and him and the dogs will be waiting at the door. He knows before he goes outside he has to put his shoes on, so he will sits down and hand me his shoes. Getting dress is still pretty rough, he hates the changing table so much. Sometimes he cries when I lay him on it, you would think it was the worst thing ever. In fact I was going to teach him the sign for "change" but once he figured out what it was every time I would do it he would run. Now that is hating to be changed. The only thing I can do it play music, he loves it. It calms him down.

He is really into everything. I have always been able to give Alexander some toy and let him play in the bathroom while I got ready. Well at least up til' a couple of days ago. He loves to turn on the water in our bath tub, Jeremy does not like him to do it but it keeps him busy will I get ready. When I turned around to check on him, he had got some of Jeremy clothes and the entire box of Q-tips and threw them in the tub. Of course the water was running and everything was soaked. Little Booger!

Alexander is officially weaned, March 3 was the last time he nursed. The doctor told me that my milk supply would slowly go down and the he would not want to nurse anymore. Well she was right, I went to nurse him and he looked at me and said "no". I was hoping he would be that way and not be upset over it. In fact I think I had a harder time then he did.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ryan, Kim and Caroline said...

Happy Anniversary, Jeremy and Meri-Ann! Cheers to MANY more! =)

Big squeezes and kisses to my Alexander!