Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Health and Healing!

I am so thankful to God for all the amazing people in my life! I cannot name everyone but on Sunday my brother spoke a great message! He spoke about not being ashamed of what you are going through and knowing Who will bring you out! The message spoke to my heart, as many of you know we had a very difficult time getting pregnant with Alexander but God gave us the most precious blessing! Though that I know I can help and talk to people who also share that problem.

With a child and husband comes great responsibility! From June until December many of you know that I stayed with my parents while Jeremy was in Oklahoma. It was not really awful the distance because I had wonderful people all around me. But what was difficult was Jeremy not being their when things were tuff. Though this time I began to become VERY anxious, over anything and everything. Some nights I would lie in bed and just tremble and cry. The truth is I really did not want anyone to know what I was going through! I feel like the biggest reason for most of it was fear of losing Jeremy or Alexander.

While in Florida Alexander, who had NEVER been on antibiotics or had any real illness, had 2 ear infections, several cold and a BAD case of the stomach flu. It is funny that I know Jeremy cannot make Alexander better but God gave him to me because he makes me better! I also had several cases of the stomach flu, but I do not think that is what it was. I think I would get myself so worked up I would make myself sick. I guess looking back I did have allot going on, we had just sold out house, my husband was 1200 miles away, we were moving 1300 miles away and I had to do allot of it with out him.

I tell you all this to tell you on Thursday night Alexander woke up at 1:30 am, which I could count on one hand the number of times he has done that! He was SO fussy, I thought maybe he was getting in some teeth. So I gave him some Motrin and rocked him but he never really went back to sleep. So I brought him downstairs to watch TV and gave him a snack but he was just not feeling well. We took him to the Doctor and the he said it was an ear infection and gave him antibiotics. He has been on them since Friday and still is no better, he is sleeping through the night ...Praise God. He is still running a temp. We called our favorite ask a nurse(Kristy-for whom also provides me with strenght and courage) and she said to alternate Motrin and Tylenol. Praise God he slept through the whole night with only one or two times coughing. I am going to take him back in to the Doctor in the morning and will update when I know something.

But....I woke up at 2:30 am feeling VERY achy and chilled. I took some Motrin and tried to lay down I just shivered and ached. Finally about an hour ago my fever broke....Praise God. But I now know what was going on in Alexander the night he woke up.

Now the real reason for this post, I would like all of you to pray for us. For health and healing! For an easy adjustment to living in Kansas and me going back to work. We are all truly blessed by God and could not do all that we do with out Him.

2 comments:

Ryan, Kim and Caroline said...

You got it, sister! I'm so glad to hear that Alexander slept for you. Keep us all posted! Miss and love you all! XOXO

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE BOTH BEEN IN MY PRAYERS FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS. I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO BE AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP..THAT'S HOW HERB AND I STARTED OUR FAMILY ...THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY!! GOD HAS HIS PROTECTION AND BLESSING ON ALL THREE OF YOU AND HE WILL NOT FAIL. YOU ARE BOTH GREAT PARENTS AND ALEXANDER IS SUCH A BLESSING TO ALL OF US!!!! BEING PARENTS OF A TODDLER, HEALTHY OR SICK, CAN BE EXAUSTING AND TRYING SO OFTEN BUT HANG IN THERE BECAUSE THE REWARDS ARE EXTREMELY SWEET. SENDING MY LOVE AND PRAYERS..TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF,TOO....I LOVE YOU ALL..MOM (DEBBIE)